What is Backbone JS
Where has Backbone.js Been Used
- Airbnb- an app for short term renting properties and accommodation worldwide.
- Hulu- subscription service for online video-on-demand
- Trello- an app for work collaboration and project management
- Soundcloud- a web-based platform for music
Backbone.js Pros and Cons
- It’s open-source
- It’s lightweight, fast, and efficient
- MVP model
- Perfect for routing methods
- An excellent range of classes and functions
- It’s extremely flexible and supports other plugins
- There is a good support community
- It’s not ideal for new developers
- Views are bulkier with larger apps
What Skills Do Backbone.js Developers Need
- HTML5, CSS3, DOM, AJAX
- Understanding of model, views, and collections
- Restful API
- Cross-platform and cross-browser compatibility
- User interface design
- A basic level of database systems knowledge
How to Hire a Backbone.js Developer
Because of the increase in demand and average salaries, people are turning to alternative hiring methods to find the best recruits. Here are 3 routes you could go down:
- Hiring Backbone.js Developers In-House
The old school way of recruiting; a company places a job advert and often recruits someone from the local market, possibly even further afield. If hiring from a different country or even city, the company assumes the cost of relocation and in the case of another country, all of the legal documentation. The new hire will become a part of the IT team and work in the same location.
This method can provide the company with higher efficiency and a better quality of work. It is also much easier to coordinate with employees when they work in-house. On the downside, the company is responsible for all of the employee costs including medical and social security payments. They will also have to make sure they have the physical space and resources available for the hire.
- Remote Hire of a Backbone.js Developer
Today’s digital communication has encouraged remote hiring. It is now easy to communicate with outsourcing providers across the world. It becomes much easier to find the developer you need as you have greater access to talent and experience. Not only this, but you can also take advantage of lower costs.
This method also allows for high efficiency at potentially, a much lower cost than hiring in-house. It can also reduce your development costs because the outsourcing provider has the technological resources required to complete a part of your project or the entire thing.
- Freelance Backbone.js Developer
A company can choose a freelancer from a variety of freelance websites and hire one person directly. The company also has an amazing talent pool to choose from and this is one of the cheapest hiring methods. However, freelancers are often working on multiple tasks and so this could also be the least reliable option.
This is a great option for short, fast projects and there is most likely a solution for every budget. But, if you haven’t worked with the freelancer before, there is a great deal of risk in terms of the quality of the work, meeting deadlines, and reliability.