The demand for talented developers has risen at an impressive rate over recent years. The average life cycle of a software developer is now around 2-3 years. According to a recent statistic reporting, 58% of software developers are open to new opportunities.
It is estimated that the global IT spending will reach 4,018 billion US dollars by the year 2021. There are 18.5 million software developers in the world; out of which 11 million are professionals and 7.5 million are hobbyists.
As you can see, software developers are at the top right now. These people have a good salary, amazing perks, excellent benefit packages, and, most importantly, flexibility. Not to mention their remote work options.
Regardless of their benefits and regardless of their options, there are still a lot of empty positions in companies for these people. The demand is high, yes, but the process makes things even harder. Approximately 34 percent of managers say that recruiting of these talents is the biggest challenge.
Is your company having difficulties with this as well? If the answer is affirmative, then this article is the right deal for you. It gives you many tips and improves the chances of finding someone great for your company and for destroying the competitive market.
- One company must be able to create a fantastic candidate experience. The process of hiring should be neither stressful nor negative. If the interview goes well, the candidate will have a favorable opinion about the company and will do everything to work there.
- The interview should be relaxing and smooth. Research and remove every negative trait.
- Present your organization in the best way possible. How can you do it? Well, by maintaining clear communication. Carefully explain the assessment test, the opportunities, the culture, etc.
- Explain why every person is present in the interview room, their job, and their relevance.
- You may get many applicants for your job position. There is only one way in which you would know both their negative and positive sides or if you prefer their weaknesses and their strengths. Make an interview structure that is consistent and includes the same questions and assessments.
- Allow flexibility.
- According to multiple reports, the most crucial hiring criterion is the culture fit. Think about your company’s culture and think wheatear your candidate is fit for the role.
The demand for developers is nothing new. But 2020 is the year when we are expecting some of the most exciting technologies to become commercially viable, and others finally go mainstream. As a result, 2020 will be an exciting and important year for software, and developers will play a fundamental role in it.