Many big-name corporations use React Native in their systems. Some of these include:
- Instagram (owned by Facebook)
Benefits of Using React Native
– Faster Development
React Native’s hot reload feature, and lack of reliance on code recompilation decreases the development time. It also doesn’t need to restart the app to implement changes or retype code more than once as a result.
– Speedy Updating Process
– One Fits All Team
– Decreased Production Costs
The ‘all-in-one’ structure of React Native means smaller teams are required compared to native apps, thus leading to less time required to create the app as well as lower production costs. Also, the framework is open-sourced and free to the public.
– Debugging is Made Easier
React Native has a cross-platform structure. This allows for errors in coding and glitches to be fixed much quicker. It is able to fix those problems while correcting them in different versions of the app. The hot reload feature comes in handy with this.
Alternatives for Using React Native
This framework is often compared to others that serve the same function such as:
Advantages of React Native
- Users have reported having incredible experiences using React Native.
- It contains numerous unique features and elements.
- The hot reload feature is fluid, beneficial, and gives React Native an edge.
- It’s free, open-sourced, backed by Facebook, and has a large community.
Disadvantages of React Native
- It doesn’t always run well alongside native features.
- Performance may be slowed if the app runs CPU-heavy.
- While it functions great on iOS, which it was built for, Android apps can be a struggle.
- It has difficulty supporting APIs, leading to the need for specific, custom codes.
As with any framework, particularly one as open-sourced, reliable, and fast as React Native, there are bound to be some cons to using it. Comparing it with similar frameworks will also bring some positives and negatives to light. However, the tech industry is known for its abundance of ever-evolving technology. React Native is a useful tool within this industry and should be given the same attention other frameworks receive.