Search engine optimization is essential for your website to get the most traffic. Let’s briefly look at how React can be used for search engine optimization and tackle the problems associated with it.
React websites face a lot of challenges with search engine optimization. We’ll look at some of them while we journey through this article and talk about the possible solutions.
The pros of React
– Users of React have access to control the app or page being used dynamically
– Since the components can reuse codes at any time, the website views can instantly change. This way, there’s no extra overhead for the page refresh function
The Cons of React
– It has all its components rendered in the body section, making it impossible to alter the meta tags
– It makes no provision for meta tags; you need to add page titles and descriptions for each page before you get your app to show at the top of the page in Google’s listings.
What are the challenges faced with SEO of React Websites?
- The use of single-page applications- These are web applications developed with React. This application has a single page that only loads once, and it only loads other information only when required. They are faster and have a smooth user experience than the multiple-page apps seen in the traditional system. However, this advantage becomes more of a challenge when it comes to SEO because the content is only provided when the page is loaded; so, users see an empty page when it hasn’t loaded; this way, the website faces issues in ranking in SERPs.
Steps to making your React website SEO-friendly
– Server-side rendering
With server-side rendering, you have just made your work easier because the Google bots and browsers get HTML files alongside the entire content. This helps Google bots to index the page without any problems and then give it a high ranking.
Tools for improving SEO of React Websites
- React Router
It is an element that helps to create routes between different pages or components, thereby helping to develop websites that already have an SEO-friendly URL structure.
- React Helmet
It helps to manage the metadata of the corresponding web pages provided through React components.
- Fetch as Google
This helps users to understand the crawling process fully.