According to Statista, the e-commerce industry is expected to generate $2,723,991 m in sales by the end of the year. E-commerce platforms enable you to run a company from the comfort of your own home by launching an online shop. Owning an e-commerce company may seem pricey, but this is not the case.
There are several free and low-cost e-commerce frameworks available and open-source platforms that are maintained and developed by experts throughout the globe. You’ve come to the correct spot if you’re looking to create an online store. Open-source e-commerce platforms will be discussed in this article, which will help you develop your e-commerce site.
What are the advantages of using an open-source E-commerce platform over proprietary ones? Due to its cost-free nature, plenty of unique features, and its e-commerce developer-friendly nature, most crucially.
Open-source e-commerce platforms in 2022: Let’s get started!
When it comes to creating an online store, Magento Commerce is one of the greatest options available. Magento 1 and Magento 2 are both available. For an e-commerce website to succeed, the user must have a strong working knowledge of the PHP programming language.
SEO, user content, communication, and other methods are all available inside Magento to help you market your business. Magento has several other advantages, such as:
- Keeping Track of Inventory
- B2B e-commerce using mobile devices
- Page Builder
- Instant Purchase
- Customizable and extensible
- Deployment of Cloud Computing
- Confidence & Security
- Scale and Performance
- Customer Service & Order Management
In addition to these crucial characteristics, Magento is a popular choice because of these features. You may hire Magento e-commerce developers from reputable organizations if you have difficulties establishing an e-commerce site using Magento.
Another excellent open-source e-commerce platform is WooCommerce. A WordPress-based site like WooCommerce won’t take long to create for individuals familiar with the platform.
As of 2020, WooCommerce has a market share of 28.24 percent, according to Statista’s estimates.
The development of WooCommerce has been simplified because it is based on WordPress. Let’s look at how it has become so simple to develop?
- It’s powered by WordPress
- Representational State Transfer
- GitHub-based open-source software
- WooCommerce is recognized for its user-friendly Store, where customers can easily locate what they need. These features are available in the Store:
- Themes with a vibrant palette
- The ability to make whatever changes you want.
- Products are sorted and filtered
- Built-in Blogging
- Images and galleries of various sizes
- A plethora of options
These are just a handful of the features that make WooCommerce a popular choice for anyone who wants to construct an online store. Hire WooCommerce developers if you’re still having trouble developing a website and want a custom e-commerce site.
PrestaShop is a free and open-source platform for operating an e-commerce site. Small, medium and big businesses may all benefit from using PrestaShop. PrestaShop’s marketplace has many extensions and plugins, both paid and freed if you need more functionality.
PrestaShop has several useful features, such as:
- Organize your content into categories and subcategories.
- Keep an eye on the supply of each product.
- Set up a search engine for internal use.
- Inform your clients about your Store.
- Search Engine Optimized
- Showcase your best-selling item.
- Enable or disable iFrames and HTML purifiers.
- Run the caches
- Create a set of API keys and adjust the permissions.
- Make use of SQL queries.
As an open-source ecommerce platform, PrestaShop is among the finest available on the market today. Take the services of a bespoke e-commerce software development business if you find the task of building an online store difficult.
The nopCommerce open source e-commerce platform is yet another option for creating online shops. Every 6-7 months, nopCommerce publishes an update to stay up with the current technology and development trends for this Microsoft ASP.NET-based platform.
Using nopCommerce, you can add as many goods as you want, administer many shops from a single admin panel, and boost sales with marketing tools all at the same time.
For an e-commerce website, there are several advantages of adopting nopCommerce
- Mobile Commerce
- Using many nopCommerce stores in a single installation is possible.
- Management of the company’s stock
- Attributes of the product
- Each product has a variety of pictures.
- URLs Optimized for Search Engines
- Promotional Codes & Discounts
- Multiple payment options are available
- Founded on safe technology
- Compliance and security are top priorities for this platform.
The E-commerce platform CS-Cart is one of the most comprehensive, with a wide range of features that may make your website more appealing. From its inception in 2005, CS-Cart Software has powered over 35,000 B2C transactions in about 172 countries worldwide.
What are the benefits of using this platform?
- Developing at a low cost
- Adaptable to every situation.
- Friendly technical support
- Tools for increasing sales
- Multiple Storefronts
- Reward points, promotions, and many more.
Open-source technologies like PHP, MySQL, the Smarty template engine, and many more are at the core of these solutions. As a result, only the greatest e-commerce functionality is available. There are CS-Cart-powered online shops that are both user-friendly and ideal for clients.
Opencart is very simple to use and lightweight compared to other open-source systems. It’s free, and there’s a good online community to turn to if you need help building your Store.
Opencart has a 6% share of the US e-commerce industry, according to cloudways.
It’s a good option for startups since it doesn’t take a lot of time to build a new website from scratch. There are more than 13000 modules and themes available in OpenCart. Check out some of OpenCart’s other enticing features:
- Opencart features an admin panel.
- Featured with Multi shops
- Multiple choices and attributes
- As many products and categories as you’d like!
- Available in a wide variety of languages
- Sales report
- SEO Friendly
Most Opencart developers agree that Opencart is one of the top e-commerce platforms. It is certain to exceed expectations with the characteristics stated above.
When building a website, the most popular open-source option is Drupal. Drupal is a strong rival to WordPress, and it is completely free and open source. User-driven API and query access filtering have been enhanced in the latest version of Drupal.
Drupal’s features improve the website’s speed, comprehensiveness, and manageability. There are various ways to modify your e-commerce site using site enhancements. Let’s have a look at some of Drupal’s additional advantages:
- a never-ending quest for innovative ideas
- Connected to others on a social level
- Quite a bit of adaptability
- Accessible via a Smartphone
- 24/7 assistance
- Several payment gateways, fulfillment services, accounting apps, social networks, and more.
Anyone may create an e-commerce website using the characteristics described above.
The open-source e-commerce platform Square Online is fantastic. It’s also well known that Square is rapidly helping merchants with physical companies, such as restaurants and coffeehouses. While it is mostly correct, Square has now evolved to be much more.
Here are a few advantages of using Square’s online services:
- The e-commerce sites are quite simple to set up.
- Square is a well-known e-commerce solution that works well both online and off.
- Keeping track of inventory
- A free URL
- Unlimited web hosting is provided for free.
- An all-in-one payment option
- Products are simple to load.
- Great for integrating your POS with your internet shop.
Simply said, Square is the best option for those looking to establish their own e-commerce business. E-commerce developers might still be hired if you wish to add new features and make your website more appealing.
With so many choices, it’s always difficult to make a decision. They all have distinctive characteristics that may be used to create eye-catching e-commerce websites.
Even if certain e-commerce platforms are better suited to large companies than others, their value to businesses of all sizes is unmatched. As a result of their feature richness, these platforms contain built-in marketing tools that can help you grow your company.